Friday, November 19, 2010

N - Halloween & Joel Turns 3

I don't remember this from when I was a kid but it seems as though Halloween has stretched into a weeklong holiday now. We took Joel trick-or-treating 3 different times - once at the OC dorms, once in the neighborhood and a third time at church during the Fall Carnival. If you have a sweet tooth, we still have plenty of candy so come on over!

Mary did a great job making Joel's costume. He was the Big Bad Wolf. Clay was a little pig and a very cute one at that. Here is a picture before the neighborhood trick-or-treating.


I'm sure every parent says this a million times but it seems like just yesterday that Mary and I took Joel home from the hospital and he's already 3 years old! Joel had a big birthday party at Chuckie Cheese. I don't know how much the adults enjoyed it but Joel had a really good time with his all his cousins and several of his friends. On his actual birthday, we let Joel choose the meal (pizza) and we served up an ice cream sandwich "cake" with a birthday candle. This was no comparison to the amazing cake my mom made him for his party but he enjoyed blowing out the candle nonetheless.


Clay took his first steps on Sunday evening, November 7. Although crawling is still his primary modus operandi, he's gaining confidence on his feet.


Here's one last picture that I thought was funny. We don't play hide-and-seek often but the other night Joel decided all on his own that he was going to play. (I think it was an attempt to avoid bath time.) Usually kids love to be found more than they love to hide but he stayed like this for a good 5 minutes even with me "looking" very hard for him throughout the room.


No comments: