Wednesday, November 14, 2007

M - Is it a compliment?

My friends make fun of me because I really enjoy cooking.  My grandparents are really blown away by this fact too.  It's true though, I am one of those weirdos who love trying new and more difficult recipes.  Why? I think in a sick twisted way it's where my competitive edge comes out.  I really like the challenge of making something new that no one else would even attempt to try. 

So, with that in mind, I made shrimp etoufe last night for dinner.  To which my husband repetitively said, "This is some good slop!"  The sad thing is that he was being completely sincere and he really enjoyed the meal.  Still, is it ever a compliment to call something you're eating slop?  

1 comment:

Stefani said...

It's better than the comments I get, "Ewww, I hate this, how many bites do I have to eat?!" and so on. Maybe I'll suggest the 'slop' compliment and see if I get one... Or maybe it's my cooking... xo, S