Tuesday, May 6, 2008

N - David Witthoft, I Salute You

If you haven't heard of David Witthoft, he is a 12 year old boy from Connecticut. He received a Brett Favre Green Bay Packers jersey for Christmas 2003. He wore the jersey on December 25, 2003. He wore the jersey on December 26, 2003. He wore the jersey on December 27, 2003, and every day thereafter until April 23, 2008 when increased fashion awareness prevailed. That's one thousand five hundred eighty one consecutive days, SAME SHIRT! He's the Cal Ripken of jersey wearing; the Bob Barker of same shirts; the Methuselah of "my favorite tshirt". Honorable mention goes to David's devoted mother who washed his beloved jersey every other day and mended it when necessary.

Makes me wonder what I would wear every day if I could get away with it. Mary has accused me of wearing my Durant Lion Classic tshirt a little too often. I got it around January 1990 and still don it on occasion . . . OK, maybe she has a point there. Tough call but given the opportunity I bet I could come up with something.

No comments: