Friday, October 10, 2008

N - Trip Report #1

The title of this post implies there will be more (I'll try).

Mary, Joel and I made it to San Diego on Wednesday night.  We checked into our hotel, had a good night's rest (mostly) and then headed off to the world famous San Diego Zoo.  It was a beautiful day for the zoo and the San Diego Zoo lives up to its reputation.  It's almost a little bit overwhelming.  We all had a great time and took lots of steps (if only I had my pedometer).  Here are a few pictures:





After the zoo and a must-stop at In-N-Out Burger, we drove to Malibu.  I don't know what all the fuss is about with southern California traffic.  It was a breeze for us.  Actually I do know but somehow we timed it perfectly.

Brian, Kim and Evelyn moved from Edmond to Malibu a few months ago so Brian could teach math at Pepperdine University.  Evelyn is a few weeks older than Joel.  Here is a picture of them and the view from Brian and Kim's back patio (rough huh).


No comments: